Collection and use of personal information
In order for you to access certain services and to purchase our products whether in our stores, online or over the phone, divotEND collects personal information that personally identifies you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information may include: (i) name, mailing and email addresses; (ii) residential address, phone number, city, state, postcode, area code, gender, age, purchase history and hobbies (iii) products you own, model numbers, date and place of purchase. If you communicate with us by e-mail, or complete online forms, surveys or contest entries, any information provided in such communication may be collected as Personal Information. For example, we may request personal information from you when you:
• order goods that require delivery (including goods ordered online);
• apply for an account;
• contact us for further information;
• participate in surveys and other types of research;
• enter a promotion, sweepstake, or contest hosted by divotEND;
• subscribe to our newsletter;
• register your details on our web site or on our social web pages;
• apply to be a reseller;
• ask for a quote to be prepared;
• express interest in a particular divotEND product or service; or
• submit a job application or résumé
Other information we may collect
For statistical purposes we collect anonymous information on web site activity (such as top pages viewed, the number of pages viewed, the number of sessions, most popular session times). We use this data to evaluate our web site performance and to improve the content we display to you.
To evaluate the effectiveness of our online advertising (including click throughs from email marketing), we may use third parties to collect statistical data. No personal information is collected on these occasions.
divotEND uses tracking technologies such as cookies to recognise your browser each time it visits our site, and to track which pages you visit whilst on our site. We use this information to optimise our site and create a better online experience for you.
Cookies are pieces of information that a web site transfers to a computer’s hard disk for record keeping purposes. This is not unusual and most web browsers are set to accept tracking technologies such as cookies. These tracking technologies do not themselves personally identify users, although they do identify a user’s browser. However, if you do not wish to receive any cookies, you may set your browser to refuse them.
How we use your information
divotEND uses your information to better understand your needs and provide you with better service. divotEND may share your Personal Information amongst Related Bodies Corporate of divotEND. divotEND also uses your Personal Information:
• to complete a transaction in store or online via our website.
• to deal with your queries or customer service issues promptly whether by email, telephone or mail. We may also keep information on your communications with our customer service representatives.
• to keep you up-to-date with products, services, events or promotions we think would be of particular interest through a variety of channels. You will be able to “opt-out” from this activity at any time.
• to enhance your customer experience in store and online and help us complete your transactions faster.
• for planning, product development or research purposes.
Disclosure of personal information
We will only send Personal Information to third party organisations when:
• we have your consent to share the information;
• we need to share your information in order to provide the product or service you have requested;
• we need to send your information to companies that are contracted to divotEND e.g. mailing houses, IT service providers, service providers (e.g. couriers, fulfilment centres), web developers, marketing agencies, finance companies; or
• we are required or authorised by law to disclose the information.
Such information remains under divotEND’s custodianship at all times and the agents involved are bound by specific confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements.
Access and correction
You can have access to the personal information we hold about you. Should you wish to access this information, please contact our Privacy Officer on the details below. Our goal is to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To assist us with this, please contact our Privacy Officer if any of the details you have provided change. Further, if you believe that the information we have about you is not accurate, contact us and we will use all reasonable efforts to correct the information. A $25 administration fee will be charged for the retrieval of personal information to cover our costs. No fee applies to the correction of personal information.
Third-party web sites
Links to third party web sites on www.divotEND.com are provided solely as a convenience to you. If you use these links, you will leave divotEND’s site. divotEND is not responsible for any of these sites, their content or their usage of your personal information.
At divotEND we only want to communicate with you if you want to hear from us. We do not sell your email address to anyone anywhere. We may occasionally send emails to you about new products or sales. If you would not like to receive emails from us, just email us and you will not be contacted by us unless it is directly related to an order you placed with us.
divotEND is committed to ensuring the security of your personal information and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect this information from loss, misuse or alteration.
Changes to this Policy Statement
divotEND Scotland Ltd
Suite 3A Elizabeth House
Mitchelston Ind Estate
Kirkcaldy, KY1 3WE